How would you choose to celebrate your puppy love this Thanksgiving?
- Posting a picture of your furry friend on social media
- Raising money for the Canine Health Foundation
- Seeing your dog’s face appear on TV during the National Dog Show – broadcasting to millions right after the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!
The fabulous news is that you don’t have to choose! If you tick off number one on the list and tell the world how you thank your dog with the tags @Purina and #DogThanking, Purina will donate $1 per post to the American Kennel Club’s Canine Health Foundation, up to $50,000! PLUS you will now be in with a chance of seeing your dog on TV as select posts from the #DogThanking campaign will be featured on the National Dog Show presented by Purina (airs noon on NBC 11/24/16.) Can you imagine the thrill of seeing your pup amid the pedigree prize-winners?
NOTE: All social media posts (FB, Twitter, Instagram etc) must be original and made public in order to qualify. Post by Sunday 27th November 2016.
THE NATIONAL DOG SHOW PRESENTED BY PURINA
Now in its 15th year, this feelgood show features 180 breeds and is hosted by lovely John O’Hurley, actor and author of The Perfect Dog. He has been commenting on the competing dogs since the show first aired in 2002. Last year a Skye Terrier named Charlie took the top spot, before that a Bloodhound named Nathan. Tune in today to see which American dog will be crowned champion!
10 WAYS I THANK BODIE FOR BEING MY DREAM DOG
- I always feel as if I’ve done the best job of thanking Bodie when I take him to the beach or the woods and he can romp wild and free, then come home and conk out on his rug – job well done!
2. Play time with other dogs – as much as he is my perfect companion I know that nothing can compare to the primal joy of playing high speed chase or competing to catch a ball with another dog.
3. Realising that Bodie is not overly keen on being blasted with a hose or shower head I now run him a bubble bath using dog shampoo so he can lie down and enjoy the warm, sudsy water. Like he’s in a spa.
4. I give him the brush off – he finds gentle grooming with a bristle brush oh so soothing and gets all still and zen!
5. We tussle with toys – he loves to clamp down on a new toy (like this Tuffy Turkey) and have a vigorous tug-o-war!
6. We share mealtimes together. There’s something very companiable about crunching away side by side. (Me at the table, I should add.)
7. Treats glorious treats! His current favourite is ProPlan’s Savor – there’s something about lamb and sweet potato combo that sends him doolally. (Plus the strips can be torn into smaller pieces, always handy.)
8. Sometimes Bodie wants to chew grass so I stand patiently in whatever field or park, no matter the weather, while he picks out the perfect blade to nibble on.
9. I cup his furry face in my hands, kiss his cheeks and call him, ‘My little peach!’ (This one he could probably do without.)
10. I make sure he always has somewhere cosy to recline, by day as well as night.
REMINDER: You have until this Sunday November 27th 2016 to post your #dogthanking on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to help Purina donate up to $50,000 to the AKC’s Canine Health Foundation. On your marks, get set, get #dogthanking!
This is a sponsored post working as #purinapartners – because what could be nicer than thanking your dog and raising money for canine health?